For me, renewal is something that I have to be intentional about every day. Sometimes, I will be in a season where I am seeking the Lord for hours every day by journaling, reading the bible, praying or writing about what He has revealed to me. My cup will be so filled up every day, I feel steadfast and anchored, not a whole lot can shake me mentally or emotionally. It’s so wild how much impact spending time with God actually has on us. When I go a few days doing life on my own, without going to the throne, it is so painfully apparent in how I feel, talk and react.
I feel like God really designed it that way because he desires relationship with us so much. He doesn’t want us to be able to skate by on our own without Him. That may seem selfish, but it’s actually really beautiful. When we are basking in His presence, anchored in His word, truth and love, we almost feel invincible to the havocs of life. I know when I am renewed in Him every day, I experience little miracles, answers to prayers or questions, divine encounters and mostly a compassion for people of whom I would normally be critical.
Spending hours a day or even finding time at all to still your mind and ask the Lord to speak to you may seem overwhelming if you are inundated with a demanding schedule already. I want to give you a guide of 10 verses about the renewal you have as His daughter. Renewal all starts in the mind, with the thoughts you meditate on and then speak out. Reading these and choosing one or two to dwell on throughout the day will be powerful.
10 Verses to Be Renewed in Christ
1. Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory. Colossians 3:1-4
2. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us. Colossians 3:11
3. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3: 14-15
4. Created in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
5. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23.
6. Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
7. “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
8. To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24
9. I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10
10. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as daughters through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will. Ephesians 1:3-5
Setting my mind on what Jesus did for me always helps renew my entire being. I remember that it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me and has made me whole, pure and blameless in His sight.
Tool: Imagine yourself at the foot of the cross, being transformed into a beautiful white dress with a ribbon of shimmer swirling around you renewing you from the inside out, wiping away every source of shame and guilt. Jesus crowns you his daughter and brings you into heavenly places to be a co-heir with him, carrying the same authority over spiritual forces that He carries. You are pure, righteous, and saint. (1 Peter 2:9)
Allow yourself to radiate today in the splendor and light of who you are in Christ. #SheRadiates.
If this message blessed you, be a blessing by sharing with others.