I often look at my husband Andrew with awe and wonder. And I have said to him many times: “I
wish you could see how I see you.” And that is one of prayers as well, that he know he is so
loved not just by me, but by our gracious God all the days of his life.
As a new wife, I have never actually prayed a bible verse over Andrew or diligently prayed, with
intention for his day, his works, his purpose, his friends…
Until now! Praying for our husbands, invites God into our relationships and is an expression of
our loyalty to our marriage and support of our husbands. If we don’t pray for them, who will,
This is what I am currently praying for:
1) I pray that you wake with joy from a great night’s sleep, my love.
“When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.” –
2) I pray that your heart be open and turned towards God, always, my husband.
“Return to me, with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” – Joel 2:12
3) I pray you have vision influenced by the Heavens, handsome.
“For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end – it will not lie. If it seems slow,
wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.” – Habakkuk 2:3
4) I pray, that the men in your life encourage you and that Father God brings more of these men
into your life, sweetheart.
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” – Proverbs 17:17
5) I pray that you do purposeful work, and that you find joy in your work, babe.
“The heart of a man plans his ways, but the Lord establishes his steps.” – Proverbs 16:9
6) I pray that you are a light in the world and that when others see you, they see God, my love.
“Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how
you should respond to each person.” – Colossians 4:6
7) I pray that you taste and know that the Lord is good, so good, Andrew.
“God has delivered me from going down to the pit and I shall live to enjoy the light of my life.” –
Job 33:28 | “Taste and see that The Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.”
8) I pray that you desire what He desires for you, baby.
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
9) I pray that you seek God daily and do not grow weary, my beloved.
“…the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in knowledge of
Him.” -Ephesians 1:15-19
10) I pray that you have favor in health, and live a long and healthy life, love.
“Beloved, I pray that in all respects, you prosper and be in good health, just as your soul
prospers.” – 3 John 1:2
11) I pray that you have strength when temptation comes, my Husband.
“ Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” – Matthew 6:13
12) I pray for your creativity flame be fanned into fire, babe!
“I’ve filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him skill and know-how expertise in every kind of
craft…” – Exodus 31:1-5
13) I pray that you have courage and fearlessness in the world, love.
“ Have I not commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid; don’t get discouraged. God,
your God, is with you every step of the way.” – Joshua 1-9
14) I pray that you consult business ideas/ventures with God, and that He fill you with wisdom
and discernment, Husband.
“Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure everything out on your own. Listen
for God’s voice in everything you do, in everywhere you go; he is the one who will keep you on
track.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
15) I pray that our love is constantly watered in our marriage daily, my beloved.
“Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her
holy, cleansing her by the washing of water through the word.” – Ephesians 5:25
16) I pray that we face challenges in unity, always, Andrew.
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of 3 strands is not
quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12
If this message blessed you, be a blessing by sharing with others.