With the holiday season in full swing, it can be a really hard time of year for many people. During the holidays, we recall memories, whether good or painful. When we see happy couples strolling the sidewalk with hot cocoa, our single-life awareness of loneliness is heightened or a discontentment in a relationship becomes more apparent.
This is the perfect time of year to unveil the truth of how much God loves you and how to feel it for yourself. It’s one thing to know it in your mind, but a completely different thing to feel it and know it with your heart no matter what. It seems that we have so much in the physical world constantly going against us in our quest to self-love. The enemy is present in so many places. But in reality, the enemy has no power unless we agree with him and resort to fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of anything. But Truth says…
“Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
One of my favorite parts of being a daughter of God is that we have full authority in Christ. The same power Christ walked in, we have too. (Colossians 2:10) So all the negativity, darkness, pain, regret, guilt, shame, hurt, defeat and mistakes that attempt to layer themselves over our light actually have no power, place or authority to cause darkness in our life unless we agree with those voices. But why is it so much easier to believe the dark voices than the light of truth?
“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” Peter 5:8
Because the enemy is constantly waiting for you to be off your game, waiting for you to slip, waiting for you to be vulnerable so he can use that as an opening into your mind. The best way to stay rooted in self-love is to understand the tactics of the enemy and to be pro-active in arming yourself against his flaming arrows so you are fully prepared when they do come. Arm yourself with the truth repetitively, consistently and proactively.
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
You can only love God when you love yourself: So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 1 John 4:16
A renewal of mind occurs when you discover the way God sees you. Begin aligning yourself with his truths and promises. The first step is to know what they are, the second step is to implement them in your life by writing them out, meditating on them and speaking them out loud over yourself. The final step is to act on them.
Here are core concepts to soak in and meditate on to begin to believe, receive God’s love and ultimately love yourself.
1. Flawless: “You are altogether beautiful my darling, there is no flaw in you.” Song of Solomon 4:7
2. Divine: So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis: 1:27
3. Awesome: I praise you because I am wonderfully and fearfully made. Psalm 139:14
4. Loved: He has brought me to his banquet hall, And his banner over me is love. Song of Solomon 2:4
5. Chosen: But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2
6. Radiant: “Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.” Philippians 2:15
7. Purposeful: “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
8. Crowned: You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God
9. Planned: For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13
10. Overcomer: No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39
11. Blessed: For you bless the godly, O LORD; you surround them with your shield of love. Psalm 5:12
12. Child of God: “But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
13. Empowered: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
14. Renewed: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17
15. A Leader: “You are the light of the world–like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5:14
16. Pure: Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
17. Powerful: In Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all powers and authority. Colossians 2:10
God says you are his daughter, that makes you His princess. Once you know who you are, you will begin to think like a princess, talk like a princess and act like a princess. You are a royal princess that represents the city of heaven, from which every good and perfect gift flows.
If this message blessed you, be a blessing by sharing with others.