What did you grow up believing about yourself? About God?
The royal children of Prince William and Duchess Kate will grow up knowing they are important, that they have authority and their words matter. They will be taught how to treat people and how to walk in royalty and be expected to do great things.
Our earthly lives do not always give us this advantage as children. But did you know you actually have all the same influence, power and authority that Kate and her children do? Just as Kate Middleton walks in confidence as Prince William’s bride, you are also summoned to stand in graceful boldness as the bride of the Prince of Peace.
There is a power and a whole new way of living as a Christian than I knew before. I used to think Christianity was only about living a good life, doing the right things and praying. I used to think it meant church on Sundays, youth group meetings, yearly retreats and the occasional crusade or praise concert. Those are all excellent parts of being in the Christian community, don’t get me wrong. But there is so much more.
One day, someone was telling me not to worry about something because I was a “Daughter of the King.” My eyes shot up at him and my little girl’s heart flooded with wonder and excitement. It was like someone had just torn the veil covering my eyes. It was true! I just had the revelation that I was the daughter of the King of the World. He chose me before I was ever even born.
What does it mean to be Royalty?
1. You are Chosen: Being royalty means you were chosen first. Think about Cinderella and Kate Middleton. One was an orphan. She was left to become an abused servant girl who was locked up and bullied by her own step family because of their jealousy. The other was a girl who once attended college and loved fashion. She did “common” things just like you and me. Both Cinderella and Kate were chosen by royal princes. They were seen, pursued and loved first. But at the time of the proposal, it was her turn to choose him back and say, “yes” to the lifetime of love he offered. Because they both said yes, their identities and the realities they knew were transformed. Overnight, with a wave of a wand and an open heart…they became royalty. A princess bride now prepared her heart in the palace chambers for the new life that awaited her. “For the time has come for the wedding of the Lamb and his bride has prepared herself for him. She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.” Revelation 16: Just as we are first chosen to be the bride of the bridegroom which is Christ, we must accept and choose His offer of sacred romance back in order to become His Princess.
2. You are transformed: Like the bride who was clothed in new, white pure linen that represents the righteousness of her new identity, we are also robed in a transformative shimmer. “For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” Isaiah 61:10. With majestic robes and jewels comes a new authority, a new power vested in you. You are entrusted with a moral code with the responsibility to carry out a great call. As royalty, people look to you to lead, and to shine the way in all you do. It is written that if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Cor 5:17). You no longer have to submit to your bad habits or painful patterns just because it is all you know and it is comfortable. Now, you have the choice to be great regardless of your past or circumstances. You can be royal through fueling the flame of the Spirit inside you.
3. You have power: When you choose the Prince of Peace, you are transformed into a new creation by His Spirit which is sent to live inside you. That Spirit gives you access to a power that is not of this world. The same Spirit now lives in you that raised Jesus from death into perfect wholeness once more and then lifted up Him to take His rightful throne. “What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God.” 1 Cor 2:12. When this power is understood and used appropriately, you will begin to see you can do and be things that didn’t come easily or naturally before. Because of the Spirit we host, we can now grasp and embody the fruits of the Spirit which are: love, joy, peace, self discipline, gentleness, kindness, faithfulness, goodness and patience. As a Royal Princess, with all eyes on you, you can’t afford to have an outburst when someone offends you. Word would spread rapidly and respect would be lost. People would start thinking this is the acceptable way to react to adversity. As Royalty, you
have the responsibility to tap into the spirit that will takeover your anger with peace, meet addiction with self discipline and set jealously ablaze with love.
4. You have authority: “Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s Temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you. If anyone destroys God’s Temple, God will destroy that person. For God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.” 1 Cor 3:16. Throughout history, a King and Queen planned and hoped for a child. A child was gravely important in order to cultivate and foster an heir to the crown and to continue their lineage of royal leadership. Therefore, when anyone ever posed a threat against their child, drastic measures were taken in order to ensure their safety. The palace guards were instructed to watch over the child and some were sent out to capture the enemy. In the same way, the King is protecting His Princess with a secret service of guardian angels. “For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.” Psalm 91:11. The reason why is because you have authority. The Lord has imprinted His legacies on the diary of your destiny. He is depending on you. Just like when Esther, a jewish orphan was chosen to become Queen of a land where her people’s lives were plotted against. But, she now had the authority and a responsibility to refute a genocide of the jews and ensure their legacies as well. The question is, will you use your royal influence for good?
5. You have a Royal Call: The Word says, “But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of The Lord and of justice and of might.” Micah 3:8. This reveals that we have been given the great task of fighting for justice. We are on this earth fighting a constant war between good and evil. The enemy still tries to defeat us, the images of God in countless ways. God is calling an army and a council of leaders to fight alongside his Heavens to win this war. And to continue winning this war. The attack comes disguised as many different things and is not always in battle. It could be sex trafficking, low self esteem, eating disorders, addictions, depression, bullying, debt or marital strife. You have been called to attack that passion that burns inside you and defeat it with your natural abilities and the supernatural help of the Holy Spirit. Princess Diana was given a worldly platform to make a significant impact combatting HIV/AIDS, land mines and leprosy. But we are all given a heavenly platform, one that far outweighs any earthly title when we become His Princess. We can accomplish greater missions than we fathom possible with the force of the King’s guiding light.
You are chosen too. Each one of us daughters were carefully and intricately designed before we ever took our first breath. But a lot of us were not raised feeling special or with the belief that what we had to say was important. So how can we really believe we are royalty, much less feel like it? I know my life has changed by finally understanding my true identity in God. I know now that I have authority, a calling to fight for justice and the ability to walk in Peace. My heart burns with the desire for you to grasp this transforming light too. You will no longer have to live a life of insecurity, self doubt and fear.