Many of you know my skin story. You can read it in full here, but I struggled with cystic acne my entire life. I remember putting retin A on my skin as a 12 year old. I tossed and turned in the night through college because my skin was on fire from another round of accutane. I was put on multiple skin medications from a young age and was very aware of how to care for my skin. Being in the entertainment/modeling industry places a big focus on my complexion and as I just turned 30, other skin changes call my awareness. I began the hunt for a skincare line that brightens.
As a fair skinned, english girl, I am among those most prone to sun damage manifesting in sun spots, hyper pigmentation and discoloration. Unfortunately all those days lifeguarding, playing in the ocean and on swim team are catching up with me…just like my mama said. Why do we not listen to our mothers as teenagers?
Not listening to wisdom sure does cost us later…in skin discoloration in this case. A couple years ago, I went on a skincare line trying frenzy trying to find something that healed my skin. There are so many lines that promise all the same things and cost a million dollars. I tried the natural, holistic route, but I’m sorry…manuka honey and apple cider vinegar just doesn’t cut it for me.
It is very frustrating trying a thousand brands, spending hundreds of dollars to find that right product. Well don’t worry, I’ve done it for you…unfortunate for me, fortunate for you. So I’m going to feature some of my favorite lines for different purposes. Today is for brightening and lightening.
It’s true that outward beauty alone is only skin deep. But when coupled with a heart for God, an everlasting radiance beams outward. Neglecting our temple doesn’t honor God. He is the potter and you are the clay. You are not only permitted to, but called to honor your design by taking the best care of you and being the best version of you, in every aspect.
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Peter Thomas Roth is my absolute favorite skin care line that brightens. I’ve tried most of their products, but I truly think they’re main specialty is the camu-camu vitamin c x 30 line.
Here is my skin brightening routine:
- Wash face with skin medica aha/bha exfoliating cleanser.
- Swipe unwrinkle peel pad over face and neck. The pads are so saturated with product, I re-use them two or three times before throwing one away. You can also cut them in half to preserve and double product. I also don’t wash the product off as the label advises because I enjoy a deeper exfoliation.
- Apply Peter Thomas Roth camu camu serum. This stuff works hand and hand with the moisturizer to magnify it’s potency for maximum effect. It’s light and penetrates deeply, but isn’t enough to moisturize on its’ own.
- Lastly, apply the camu camu vitamin x 30 moisturizer. I am obsessed with this moisturizer. It feels so good, is so hydrating and literally evens out the tone of my skin until it glows.
- When it comes to tinted moisturizers, I have used a ton of them from Laura Mercier to Jane Iredale to Kiels. After falling in love with PTR’s brightening line, I decided to try its’ tinted CC cream too. IT IS AMAZING. I love it so much, it’s so pretty and glides on smoothly. You can build for coverage and it’s working for your skin in multiple ways while you’re wearing it.
I’ve linked all the products here. I hope you enjoy and I’d love to hear how you like it!