I just went through one of the hardest seasons in my adult life. Before that, I thought I really knew and believed the Word of God. But when I was in that pit, scripture and God’s promises didn’t come to mind so easily. I thought I was strong to battle against feelings of worry and despair, but I was weak. That realization alone shook me!
I could barely pull myself up for air, much less open the Bible. But the times I did, the difference that came over me was like night and day. The problem is, when we are in the middle of a battle, at the bottom of a pit or in a storm of worry, we are vulnerable to Satan and our own self-destruction. That’s why we must have an action plan in place in advance. We need the weapons of God’s promises and words right in front of us in a clear way to focus on and speak out loud.
I began to make a battle plan for my season of suffering, worry and stress. Since then, I’ve created battle plans for many areas of my life and they are absolute game changer. I’m going to do a series of plans for you too. You’ll have a Bible verse and a declaration to meditate on and speak out.
It is very important to begin speaking God’s word and promises over your life. It says that angels harken to God’s word. “Bless the LORD, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word!” Psalm 103:20. I don’t know about you, but I want some angels to help me!
Battle plan for a season of hardship:
- I am strong in Christ. God infuses me with His strength. I will not be afraid of those trying to intimidate me. My God is with me and will NEVER forsake me, ever.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
2. I stay in perfect peace because my trust does not waver in God. My mind remains steadfast and God keeps me in peace.
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
3. I trust the Lord He is working things out even when I can’t see a way.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
4. God hears me when I cry out and He delivers me just in time, every time. God draws near to me in my brokenness, anxiety and hopelessness, even when it feels He is far.
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:17-18.
5. I’m so excited to see how God is going to display His power through my weakness. I don’t need to prove to anyone that I have it all together. I surrender my pride to Him so His power may rest on me!
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
6. I am not surprised by this trial facing me. I will handle it like a Queen because of the fruit that will be produced in me when it is over! I share in Christ’s glory and His suffering.
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12-13.
7. I fear the Lord, I do not fear people or circumstances or bad news. I am firm and secure in my God who loves me!
Praise the Lord! Happy are those who fear the Lord. They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord. Their hearts are steady, they will not be afraid. Psalm 112:1, 7-8
8. I am not going through this trial because God is mad at me. When I don’t understand, I always ask, “What can I learn from this?”
But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. Matthew 5:44-45
9. I run to God as my comforter. He is my true comforter and source of living water. I don’t seek temporary fixes because I have a spirit of wisdom. I’ll emulate the same comfort God shows me to others.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.
The other night, God told me “Don’t let the stress compromise your righteousness.” The same goes for you. He has already worked things out together for your good. There is relief and deliverance waiting for you. Make the decision to go through the trial in the peace and assurance Christ left for you.
Whether you are competing in a pageant or just want to grow in the woman God created you to be, I offer personal coaching. We’ll get you on an accelerated track of wisdom, confidence and identity through Train To Reign.